The Rural Municipality provides dust control pursuant to the following policy:
- Product MAG - Magnesium chloride Solution.
- Supplier Rawhide Supplements Ltd. - Swift Current SK.
- Eligibility All Occupied Residential Sites located on a municipal road within the boundaries of the R.M. of Miry Creek No. 229.
- Coverage 200 metres x 8 metres.
- Non-Residential Sites Dust control requests for non-residential sites must be presented to Council for approval.
- Cost Share The Rural Municipality will pay 50% of the cost of the product and application to a maximum of $500.00.
- Exceptions Commercial applications are negotiated separately and are ineligible for cost sharing.
- Site Preparation The Rural Municipality is responsible for site preparation.
- Application Rawhide applies the dust control product in a liquid brine form.
- Billing Residents (applicants) are billed upon completion of application. Invoices are due and payable upon receipt.
The current cost of the product is approximately $900.00 per site. The Rural Municipality is responsible for application and upkeep. Product information is available at the Rural Municipality office.
To participate in this program contact the Rural Municipality of Miry Creek office.